The Sporting Irish Water Spaniel Club Objectives
- To promote and assist in the training of the Irish Water Spaniel for work in the shooting field as an all-round, multi-purpose gundog, bearing in mind the breed's origin as a hunting, retrieving, wildfowling and water dog, whilst recognising its classification by the Kennel Club
- To organise classes, working tests and field trials, both breed confined and in conjunction with other breed clubs, societies and gundog clubs.
- To provide Irish Water Spaniel owners with practical help and organised events.
- To promote breeding of the pure, sound, and healthy Irish Water Spaniel, free from hereditary faults.
- To maintain the description of the true type as approved by The Kennel Club and to urge breeders to adhere to the standard.
- You are here:
- The SIWSC Objectives